Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Vegas Trip

Vegas was very fun and just what I needed that week. It was Charlie's Angel-Day week, and I really wanted to leave town. We spent some time at the cemetary the Monday before to spend some time remembering our baby.
On Wednesday we drove to Vegas. On the way we made a stop at a bronzing place in Lehi to bronze the figures of Charlie's hands. They should be done in a couple more weeks. We also stopped in Provo so Aubrey could play at the park, and a stop in Cedar City so Aubrey could play at McDonald's. You'd think that would make her tired, but she didn't sleep until about 10pm when we were rolling into Vegas!
Debbie hooked us up with a killer deal at the Marriott for $45 a night! It was a suite with a kitchen, living room, bedroom, and bath! Thank goodness for connections!
Thursday we went to the Secret Garden to see dolphins, white tigers and lions. Aubrey really liked that. We also made a couple stops to see some free shows. It was a lot of walking, really hot, and exhausting!
That night Steve picked up Aubrey from our hotel on his way home from work. That left Seth and I free to see the Blue Man Group. We got a "deal" at $80 a ticket, but were extremely disappointed at the caliber of this Vegas show. It was a clean family show, but we were expecting a lot of percussion on things that weren't necessarily instruments, and a lot of fun. It turned out to be more of a lame comedy show with a little bit of talentless percussion segments. Oh well. Seth and I always like being together anyway; at least it was good company.
Friday we went to an old Vegas western town with a petting zoo. There was a little show in the town of a robber robbin' the bank and got hung! Of course, Aubrey loved the animals. She found a little friend there her age, and they had a good time together.
We came back to the Marriott and went swimming. Everyone at the pool loved Aubrey. One lady cheered every time Aubrey jumped in the pool. Another couple let her use one of there noodle-floaties and were going to let her keep it! Another man said he was a swim teacher, and was so excited to give Aubrey her first swim lessons! She made so much progress in the pool that day! She put her face in the water on her own, learned monkey-tree-rocket ship, and was treading water (doggy paddle) stronger than ever! We were so proud!
Friday was also Charlie's angel day, but I was glad we were busy having fun, and only thought of it for a brief moment at the petting zoo when Aubrey's friend's mom asked if Aubrey was my only child. I realized at that moment what day it was. The moment passed, and we went on having fun.
Saturday we met up with Carol's family, Steve's family, and Mom and Mike. We played at a park and went swimming again.
Sunday we went to church, and Seth started driving home to be back for work on Monday. Aubrey and I relaxed at Steve's house.
Monday we went to the chocolate factory. It was fun to see the factory, but I was not impressed with their chocolate and even less impressed with the price. I bought some m&m's. That night we went to Aliza's show "Seusical the Musical Jr." She had a pretty big part for such a young girl. I was so impressed with the talent of these kids! They all sang on pitch and were completely in character the whole time! Aubrey was getting tired, but I loved the show!
After that Aubrey and I got in the motor home with Mom and Mike and drove home.
Vegas was really HOT, but we had a good time, and I was so glad everything turned out the way it did.

No comments: