Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Gratitude for Bodies

One day I was running with my running group i the morning. We were talking about how frustrating it was that we ran as much as we did, and still had cellulite on the back of our legs, and flab here and there. Emily Chapman pointed out, "You know, I'm just grateful to have a body that can run. Every day, before I go running, I thank God that I have this body, and that I'm grateful for it's abilities. I don't want to have to learn the hard way to be grateful for my body." She taught me a great lesson that day. I lesson I knew, but needed to be reminded of. I hope I never complain about cellulite or stretch-marks again. I'm so grateful that my body is capable of so many things, and so many more things that I can train and condition it to do. I try to run a lot, today I'll do a work-out video, two days ago I rode my bike, I'm playing the piano every day for a piano recital I want to play in November, I can take care of my kids, love my husband, smell, see (even better with my glasses on!), touch, taste, hear. I can do thousands/millions of things with little or no effort at all. My body heals itself! I can create another human! I can create beauty. Wow, I could go on, but the point is, our bodies are amazing gifts. I am so grateful.

No comments: