Wednesday, September 8, 2010


Here's more detail on those past events:
Stephanie's wedding-- Steph married David Milner. He seems very nice. On Facebook, she always posts how happy she is. They had a luncheon at a bbq place that was nice, and we tried to take some video and pics for her. The kids wanted to run around the restaurant a lot which was hard, but the employees there were very kind, and didn't seem to mind. We still tried our best to keep them entertained and quiet while people gave their thoughts and toasts for the wedding. After that, Seth and I went to the temple to make sure Shannon could get in without her temple recommend in hand. That seemed to happen a lot that day with all the weddings going on. It wasn't too much trouble to get the clearance I needed, but I hat bothering the bishop for things like that. Then we went to a neary-by park, and the kids played. Aubrey played with Diana, Becka, Caitlyn, and Drew. I talked with Debbie who was starting to look pregnant! We went back to the temple for the sealing. Ronda watched the kids for us. It's always nice to go to things like that. We took pics after, and We went back to the park to celebrate with them. It was very simple and cute. We danced a little on the tennis court, they had drinks, lots of different kinds of cake, pictures around, and it was just nice.
Debbie's sealing--I know this event was a little over a year ago, but my thoughts went to it. Sam was just 6 days old, so I went through a lot of effort to make sure he was all taken care of before I went up to the sealing room. I was thinking more about being Sam's mom and random thoughts that were not temple related at all. Debbie and Christian came in, and to me, Christian was starting to look like a man for the first time. He seemed so ready to take on the responsibilities being put on his shoulders. Debbie was beaming and crying. I got the nerve to get her a box of tissues in the middle of the sealer's speech. He knew them very well, and it was really nice. There was a point when he asked them if there was anyone that was their main motivation to come to the temple. The both said, "A lot of people," but then Debbie reminded me (all of us) that Dad was there that day. He promised to be at all of our sealings. It was an amazing feeling to KNOW that Dad was there. There are times when I hope Dad is with me, but it's different to know for sure. It felt so good. Then I realized that Ronda's wedding could be the last time that I will be able to know for sure that Dad is in the same room as me. It was a bitter-sweet thougtht.
Ben's wedding--We only had a few days after steph's wedding to pack up and get the family to MA. Seth always has a hard time flying, let alone with kids, but we had enough activities planned for them, that I thought it went really well. Autumn and Allison picked us up. I tried to talk to Allison, but Autumn kept answering for her. It was funny when I pointed it out. We ate dinner together, and we stayed at the hotel. Aubrey likes staying in hotels; she always asks if we can move, so we can stay at a hotel, I think she means to go on a vacation. We drove out to cape cod, and got Seth's suit rental on the way, paying and unexpected $200 for the rental. OH well. Then we drove out to this gorgeous location. There was a huge half-circle of grass in front of a large beautiful building that gave the feeling of a very glorified light house. Mandatory parking; which to us was funny with the jeep we were borrowing from Autumn-- it was anything but the nicest car on the lot! I think the guys that worked there appreciated that :) We were there for the rehearsal on Friday. We went to the balcony where the coctail party was going to be--beautiful view of the ocean, very open and classy. We walked past all the tennis courts, and on a boardwalk through some trees that opened up to the beach. They had a quick rehearsal, and then we moved on to the tip of the cape for the rehearsal dinner. There were rainbow flags along the way, and a gay-wedding party next to ours. It wasn't really offensively in our face, so we weren't really bothered by any of it. It was a gorgeous setting with the moon coming up, and the sun going down, and the sunset, the breeze, uh, everything was beautiful! The kids (Aubrey, Autumn's kids, and a couple kids from the other party) played on the beach, of course. We enjoyed some good food, and then headed to the hotel when it got a little too cold and late. We didn't get to visit too much cuz we were watching kids most of the time. AT least, I let Seth visit while I watched the kids, which was fine.
We stayed at a marriott and emily and autumn stayed there too. We swam together in the morning, and there was a grassy area where the kids played together too. We went out to the wedding in the evening. Seth was in the wedding party. We had to wait while one wedding finished before we could go to the beach. They gifted water, bubbles, flip-flops, and fans with the program on it. There was a live string-quartet that played as they walked down the aisle (which could've used a little more training from the wedding planner). The canopy was beautiful and we faced the beach, of course. They had a nice preacher, and Julianne looked gorgeous! Aubrey asked if Daddy was getting married! After the ceremony, we tried to take picures, but the bugs from the seaweed everywhere were so horrible! Aubrey was screaming that they were eating her, and looking at her arms afterward, they really were! She had scabs on her arms the whole trip we were there from that! AFter serviving he knats, we went to the balcony for the cocktail party. Seth stayed with the bridal party for pics, so I tried to carry Sam, and the diaper bag, and watch Aubrey at the same time. Some of Juliane's family helped. We weren't on the balcony long, before it started to rain. We moved down to the ballroom, picked up our sand dollar with our seating assignment with it. We sat with Autumns family, and asked a couple times to get the alcohol off the table. The kids danced until the wedding party came in. The toasts were nice, Ben danced with Emily, and then Ben and Julianne thanked each table for coming while they ate their dinner-- very nice. Seth and I had a great time dancing. We didn't mean to clear the floor, but that seemed to happen. We got quite a gasp from the crowd when I did a backflip over Seth's shoulder! Ha! After a while, we needed to get the kids to bed, so we left, and left a salutation on the wedding video.
The next day we spent a couple hours on the beach with the Waterman side of the family. Ron and Tiger are going to come visit us next spring. Cynthia seemed really happy to see us, and I tlaked about education with her. Aubrey saw a couple crabs, and we saw some neat things in the water. She played a lot in the sand, and Sam like the sand alot too.
Then we drove to grammy and papa's house.
2-week trip in MA, Aubrey swim lessons, Sam going down stairs and starting to say Da-da and ma-ma, Aubrey pinched by crab and stepped on nail, Seth drama at work, Sam loves the water, Aubrey loves to give, neighborhood bbq, Henry blessing, family coming next week. I'm sure there's more, but I gotta take care of the kiddos now.
Labor Day weekend, play-dates and new friends, stay in house or move, gratitude, Craig and Shirley back, Aubrey back to school, Sam's birthday and lactose intolerance,

1 comment:

Ben H. said...

I apologize things were not perfect for you guys.